Simpler lives are often associated with fewer obligations and possessions. In this complex world, it’s important to make things much simpler. Here are things you may do:
- Donate things that you no longer need or want: By giving away things that you no longer need or want, you may clear out clutter in your home. Furniture, clothing and other household items could be easily given to those who need them. Instead of buying new video games, DVDs, books and music, you can trade them using websites like Swaptree. Craigslist could also be used to offer our stuff for free.
- Stay away from TV, cable and Internet for a few weeks: With far less distractions, you can have more time with your friend or family. You may decide what’s necessary and what’s not. You may keep a log of how long you typically spend each week for watching TV and using the Internet. You will realize that so many hours can be used for more productive activities instead.
- Dine out less and eat at home more: By cooking at home, you can save money and spend more quality time with the family. You may think that it’s a hassle to cook at home, but you can freeze soups and casseroles ahead of time. You should be able to reduce junk food and fill your belly with organic produce.
- Make a list of priorities: You should have a tangible list of priorities. You may use Microsoft Word and any other software that can help you make a list of priorities. Make sure that you keep the list in your smartphone, so you can access it at anytime. There are also apps that notify you when it’s time for you to do something. By using a digital list in your mobile device, you can avoid using hundreds of post-it notes that can clutter your fridge and desk. With a proper list, you should also be able to focus more on essential tasks.
- Simplify daily routines: Morning time can be quite stressful. It means that you should take care of your to-do list at night. Focus on hygiene, nourishment and physical exercise in the morning. While showering, it’s often a good time for you to relax. Make sure that you prepare a nutritious breakfast that can give you enough nutrients and energy. With enough planning, you should be able to do it in just 90 minutes.
- Get help: You don’t have to do everything alone. Often, you are confused or stuck with something. If you are struggling to figure out something, then you need to speak up. You should be able to figure out things that need to do. Most of the time, people are willing to help, but they don’t know that you need help.
- Walk more: The good old fashioned fresh air will help to simplify your lifestyle. Instead of depending too much on cars, you should walk more. Often, by walking, you can remove stress, worry, anxiety and negative thoughts.