You may have read stories about people who travel non-stop and see new things. If you have the same dream, then you should start realizing your dream. Once you reach a financial position that allows you to retire comfortably, it may be a good idea not to just settle down. You may consider adopting the RV lifestyle. If you are interested in doing so, here are things that you may need to do:
- Sell your home: If you want to be committed to a mobile lifestyle, having a house will be a financial burden. It’s better to sell your house and use the money to fund the purchase of a quality motorhome. It means that the motorhome isn’t only suitable for travelling, but also for your long-term, permanent accommodation. It’s obvious that you will have much less living space inside the motorhome, so you need to feel comfortable staying inside. You will also need to sell your furniture, electronic appliances and other items.
- Change your mindset about living space: When you adopt an RV lifestyle, you should change the way you look about living space. In this case, you need to include outdoor environment as part of your living space. It means that your “living space” will be much more diversify, it can be a beach, hill or RV park in urban areas, depending on your situation.
- Manage responsibilities: When you are adopting a RV lifestyle, being responsible is also important. Because you could travel to rural locations often, it’s a good idea to sign up for automatic payment systems. They could pay your bills directly from the checking account. You need to get all of your paperwork in order, so you can complete the task well. You should also announce the big change to your relatives and friends. Some of them can be somewhat critical to your decision, but you should expect it. Always be ready to explain that. As an example, you need to tell them you need a completely full life. You may even invite your friends for a short trip with the RV, so they will understand your situation better.
- Plan your activities: By adopting an RV lifestyle, you set of activities will be quite different. There are many opportunities that you can take. It’s also a great opportunity to teach your children to become more independent.
- Plan on what your children should do: Children could enjoy their lives while learning about many things in their lives. As an example, the whole family can participate in various volunteering efforts, so children can learn to become more meaningful and useful to others. With an RV lifestyle, the playtime of your children could also be an education session. Choose a homeschooling program that is suitable for your children and lifestyle. Even if RV lifestyle is more flexible, you should assign enough time during the day to allow your children to study and parents to do daily house chore. It’s still a family after all. Older children could also participate on online bachelor degree program.