Many of us commence our day with a sip of coffee. It keeps us energized and focused throughout the day. The cup of coffee and the sips of the lips have the power to enhance our productivity and creativity. Do not let your employees feel dizzy and doze off during working hours. Introduce a coffee machine, and let their brains stay awake.
Coffee machines have thousands of types. Some are manual, some are semi-automatic and others are automatic. Some have the quality to brew one specific type of coffee, whereas some can brew a variety of coffees. The type of Coffee Machine depends on the type of your business and the preferences of your attendees. Do you want your employees to keep working till the last hour? Have a look over the things you need to check before buying a coffee machine:
Your business and commercial use will define the type of coffee machine or machines you will need. Either you can put enough money in the coffee machine or you have a tight-fisted budget you must buy a coffee machine that would save you money in the long term. Many coffee machines have a habit of sucking out the money and consequently costs more than a better coffee machine.
Buy a coffee machine which will promise the satisfaction and productivity of the employees. The success of your organization depends on the energy your employees will put in. So, do not make them sad by saving a few bucks over buying a better coffee machine. If you have a tight budget, here is my tip:
- Rent a Coffee Machine: Not every time buying makes better sense. It does not matter whether you are short of budget or not, renting a coffee machine has enough advantages. Renting will make you able to replace your machine if you have misjudged the preferences of your employees. You will also get free maintenance and support. Otherwise, companies often ignore your need for assistance if you have already paid for the product.
Coffee Per Day:
How many people should your commercial place serve? How many cups per day your coffee point will brew? These are one of the primary things to figure out. Make sure that the coffee point at your commercial place must not remain stuffed with the people who are waiting for their turn. The fast and creamy coffee machine will keep your employees happy and energized. Coffee machines typically have three output levels:
- Low volume machines – produce 40-60 cups per day
- Medium volume machines – produce around 200 cups per day
- High volume machines – produce 200-500 cups per day
The opting of the machine depends on the preferences of your employees. If your employees can wait and prefer quality coffee, then you can go with the traditional coffee machine.
- Traditional Coffee Machine: A traditional machine can make your employees happy and strengthened even on the greyest of days. Traditional coffee machines will require skills from your employees to help themselves. Otherwise, you can hire a barista to make the coffee for their convenience and comfortability.
Nonetheless, a Bean to Cup machine is the best option for impatient and unskilled employees.
- Bean to Cup Machine: If the people in your office like a variety of coffees, then you must go with a Bean to Cup Machine. It does not require many skills and does not take time. If your machine is boiler fed, it will exhibit quality and consistency in brewing hot coffees, otherwise quality and consistency drop in machines with heating block mechanisms.
Maintenance & Warranty:
Machines also require maintenance after some time as we require cleanliness and maintenance in terms of physical health. You cannot replace your coffee machine every year, so you will require an engineer to keep it maintained. While buying the machine, you must ensure if the package includes engineer coverage. You may find it expensive, but it will be money-saving in the longer term.
Purchasing a warranty is effective in the shorter term and helps in only preventing any significant losses. A long term warranty costs more than the product itself. Rather than buying a warranty, you should buy a good commercial coffee machine. Whether you buy a warranty or not, keep your machine maintained.
This is not the section you can ignore. A chain is as strong as its weakest link. So, you have to take care of each minute thing which can make your purchase go in vain otherwise:
- Drink Choice: The shortlisting of drink choices of your employees will help you find out the coffee machine you are looking for. People have different choices like latte, mocha, hot chocolate etc. You will purchase the right thing, the time you will get to know the type of coffee your employees will love to have their lips on.
- The Location of Coffee Machine: Where are you going to place your coffee machine? In the kitchen of your commercial place? Wherever you are going to place it, you must ensure the comfortability and convenience of your employees. It must be as straightforward as possible for the number of users.
- Length of Rental Term: Do not idealize things and do not go for long term rental ties. What if you do not hit your target for two or three years? So, choose a company that offers you swap out options and shorter rental terms. Some companies also offer incentives like maintenance, support and coffee products.
Which coffee do you prefer? Is it Latte or Macha? Or is it cappuccino or Espresso? Whatever is your choice, let us know in the comments.